Sunday, 22 December 2013

Winter Solstice

HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE EVERYONE!

" winter" so, a dark lip will change everything~


It also means " the arrival of the winter". It is one of the most important festivals celebrated by Chinese and other asians during dongzhi, usually on December 22.

The origins of the festivals is traced back to the Yin and Yang philosophy of balance and harmony back in the days.

In tradition, the winter solstice is a time where family get together and eat tangyuan ( balls of glutinuous rice flour and some are coloured ). It is cooked in a sweet soup or savoury broth and served in a bowl.

This festival is also an reminder to all that we are a year older and we should behave better in the coming year.

Well, my family kind of messed it up a little by forgetting and remembering last minute the night before. But it was alright because, when I woke up, there is already a pot of Tang Yuan sitting there waiting for me to put them inside my mouth.

We ate family lunch together instead of dinner. We ate Indian food at bukit timah road, called the Curry house. Or at least that is what I remember. Took a few snaps of the food~









Well, thats all for this post! and my 5 wishes/resolutions for 2014~

1. I hope I can change my messy habit of just throwing my things around

2. More shopping

3.  Love

4. Stay strong with my boy

5. More memories

good luck x

you can follow my twitter :@ _NSNceline
or my instagram : @nsnceline

if you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment